If you love mocha coffee, you are going to love this take on hot chocolate bombs. I love Mocha coffee bombs so much, that I made them using my heart shape molds from amazon. This hot chocolate bomb recipe not only looks amazing, they’re so creamy and the mocha coffee is the perfect pick me-up.
I looked for hot chocolate bombs near me and the closest was Thorntons, but I hear you can find them in Costco in the USA. But they are so fun and easy to make. Its nice to have a batch of mocha coffee chocolate bombs already made up for when you fancy that indulgent hit!
Heart shaped hot chocolate bombs also make the perfect gift for any coffee lover. You could make up a little hamper with three or four of these chocolate coffee bombs. Add in a gorgeous mug, marshmallows, a few cookies, and your sorted. I know that my dad would love these on Father’s Day. To be honest, they would make perfect gifts for, work colleagues, teachers at the end of the year, white elephant gifts, and even great for Christmas.
How to Make Hot Chocolate Bombs
In the Mocha chocolate bomb recipe below and with the video I’ll show you how to make hot chocolate bombs. Once you’ve made up a batch of these mocha chocolate bombs. You can store them in a cool place inside an air-tight container. Then, when you’re ready for a Double Mocha coffee bomb, simply pop one into your favorite mug, pour in boiling water, and stir. I think this is a nice twist on the normal hot chocolate bombs that everyone is making. There is also lots of great vegan alternatives out there for all the ingredients in this recipe. If you love coffee and chocolate, you’re going to love this recipe.
Double Mocha Coffee Chocolate Bombs
- First, break your milk chocolate into a Pyrex bowl.150 g Milk chocolate
- Then melt the chocolate over a saucepan of simmering water making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl; keep stirring until melted or melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 secs until melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate into your moulds and spread a thin layer making sure that each heart is completely covered.
- Pop the chocolate molds in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Once set give each heart mold another coat of melted chocolate, ensuring the edges are well covered so they don’t break when you remove them from the silicone heart molds.
- Put chocolate bomb molds back in the fridge for 10 more minutes to set. Once set you can pop out the chocolate and place onto a chopping board ready to fill.
- Fill half of the hearts with 1 mocha coffee sachet in each.3 Sachets Mocha coffee sachets
- Add in a heart shaped marshmallow.
- Heat up a plate or a frying pan and melt the edges of the empty hearts and place them on to the filled halves to seal them shut.
How to Decorate Chocolate Mocha Bombs
- Break the white chocolate into a glass Pyrex bowl.50 g White chocolate
- Now melt the chocolate over a saucepan of simmering water making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Place the melted white chocolate into a piping bag. Drizzle over each chocolate bomb.
- Add a few chocolate curls to the top of each heart. Pop back into the fridge for another 10 minutes until set.1 tbsp Chocolate curls for topping
- When you’re ready for a Double Mocha coffee bomb simply pop it into a cup. Then pour boiling water over it and stir. I hope you enjoy this fun recipe.