Peppermint Cream Christmas Trees
These delicious and decadent Christmas tree peppermint creams are so simple to make, they're the perfect holiday season treat and make a beautiful personal gift.
Tis the season for making homemade candy. Peppermint cream Christmas trees are an old-fashioned recipe that has been around for generations and is enjoyed all over the world. I’ve been making peppermint creams since I was a kid, it’s such a simple recipe and takes less than 25 minutes to make.
Homemade Christmas gift ideas
These festive mint candies would make a perfect handmade gift for friends and family over the Christmas break. Homemade gifts are always the best kind of gifts to receive, as someone has put love and care into making them. Once you’ve made your peppermint cream Christmas trees add them to a little gift box or even a Christmas-themed cake or cookie tin. I always purchase a few new seasonal tins from Amazon each year and use them to store my delicious homemade treats in.
How to make peppermint creams?
These peppermint creams are made using sweetened condensed milk, which makes these candies super tasty. This festive recipe is so simple to make, first, measure out all your ingredients and stir the condensed milk and icing sugar together to form a crumble-like mixture. Then add in the peppermint flavoring and food coloring of your choice. I obviously chose green as I was using a Christmas tree cookie cutter this time. Mix the mixture until you have a smooth dough ball; now all that’s left is to lightly dust a clean work surface with a little icing sugar and roll out the dough ball to 1/2 cm thick. Now cut out your chosen festive shapes with a cookie cutter and you’re done. At this point, you can choose whether you want to add melted chocolate or decorations to finish off your peppermint cream candys.
How many calories in a peppermint cream?
These Christmas tree peppermint creams contain 111 calories each. But the calorie content will vary depending on the size of your cookie cutter and the thickness of your peppermint creams. The peppermint creams contain quite a bit of sugar so should be eaten in moderation. Homemade peppermint creams are a great seasonal treat and an excellent way to refresh your guests after your Christmas dinner.
Peppermint Cream Christmas Trees
- Glass Pyrex mixing bowl
- 450 g Icing sugar
- 130 milliliters Sweetened condensed milk
- 2-5 Drops Peppermint extract
- ½ Teaspoon Green food coloring
- 100 g Dark or milk chocolate
- The first step in making our peppermint creams is to grab yourself a large mixing bowl and add your icing sugar and condensed milk and stir the two ingredients together until you have a crumbly mixture.450 g Icing sugar, 130 milliliters Sweetened condensed milk
- Next, add in your peppermint extract and green food coloring and give it a good mix.2-5 Drops Peppermint extract, ½ Teaspoon Green food coloring
- Start kneading the mixture into a smooth dough ball (this will take a few minutes to do).
- Lightly dust a clean work surface with a little icing sugar.
- Roll out your peppermint dough to about ½ cm thick and cut out Christmas tree shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Place the peppermint Christmas trees on to a sheet of parchment paper as you cut each one out.
- Now grab yourself a glass Pyrex bowl, break your chocolate into chunks and melt over a pan of simmering water.100 g Dark or milk chocolate
- Once melted remove from the heat. Using a spoon or piping kit swirl the melted chocolate over the Christmas tree candies.
- Before the chocolate sets scatter a few sprinkles over the trees so they look like Christmas decorations.
- Set your peppermint creams to one side for about an hour or so to set fully. All that’s left is to enjoy.
If you’re preparing for the perfect Christmas dinner, don’t forget the cranberry sauce. You’ll love this homemade cranberry sauce recipe, and it really can’t be skipped when serving Turkey at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
2 thoughts on “Peppermint Cream Christmas Trees”
Could you use the peppermint cream in this recipe for the filling in other Christmas mint creams those little white and chocolate mint creams?
Yes Betty, I don’t see why not just chose the coloring you like and dip one half in chocolate. But we will be doing a peppermint creams recipe soon.