A super easy Snowman face cupcake recipe using our delicious chocolate cupcake and a festive fondant snowman cupcake topper.
This adorable snowman cupcakes recipe idea is easy to make. They are a brilliant addition to the Christmas day festivities and they look great on our Christmas dessert table. And yes, you read that right. I have a whole table dedicated to Christmas-themed desserts lol.
Snowman Face Cupcakes Idea
You may recognize this super cute snowman face character from the 1982 animation "The Snowman", its such a famous Christmas movie. We watch it every holiday season and if you haven't seen it yet, I'd definitely recommend you do. It takes you on a magical journey with a young boy and his snowman; it is such a special movie both for kids and adults alike. These easy cupcake recipes take less than an hour to make start to finish. The moist chocolate sponge cake topped with a sugary fondant just works so well together.
Christmas Snowman Cake Ideas
We all love getting creative in the kitchen, especially when there’s a holiday approaching. Making a selection of different decorated cupcakes for the holidays couldn’t be any easier. This selection of Christmas cupcake ideas is super easy to decorate; it only took about 15 minutes to glaze and decorate all 12 cupcakes and they were ready to be enjoyed.
The red and white fondant icing twisted together looks so festive. If your thinking of making a few different Christmas-themed cupcakes, then definitely take a look at some of our other popular Christmas cupcakes too. We have everything from Christmas pudding cupcakes to sweet polar bears. We also have some cheeky red nose reindeer cupcakes that we know you’ll just love. All these Christmas cupcake recipe ideas are simple to make and look fantastic.
Snowman Cupcake Calories
Wait stop right there…… You don’t count calories over the Christmas holidays. I thought everyone knew that! That’s what new years resolutions are for LOL. But just in case you really need to know, these cute snowman cupcakes have 262 calories each. Remember to enjoy yourself this Christmas; no food is off limits. January is the month for detoxing and healthy eating and I promise we will be sharing tons of delicious healthy recipes to kick-start the new year. We will even share some super healthy and low calorie cupcakes too. We hope you have an amazing Christmas and enjoy these cupcakes with your family and friends.
For the chocolate cupcakes
- 190 g Plain flour All purpose flour
- 200 g Granulated sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 25 g Cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon White distilled vinegar
- 236 ml Coffee Warm not hot
- 80 ml Olive oil
- 1 Medium Egg at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla extract
For the decorations
- 100 g Green fondant icing
- 25 g Pink fondant icing
- 25 g Black fondant Icing
- 25 g Orange fondant icing
- 170 g White fondant icing
How to make Snowman Cupcakes
- First, preheat your oven to 170 °C or 340 °F, grab yourself a muffin tin and fill it with 12 cupcake cases.
- Next grab two mixing bowls, one for wet ingredients and one for dry ingredients. In one bowl add in the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt. Give it a good mix making sure there are no big lumps of cocoa powder.190 g Plain flour, 200 g Granulated sugar, 1 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda, 1/4 Teaspoon Salt, 25 g Cocoa powder
- In the second mixing bowl, add in the warm coffee, vinegar, olive oil, vanilla extract, and 1 egg, then whisk until all the ingredients are combined.1 Tablespoon White distilled vinegar, 236 ml Coffee, 80 ml Olive oil, 1 Medium Egg, 2 Teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk until all the ingredients are well combined and you have a runny batter like mixture (don't over mix).
- Divide the cupcake batter evenly between the 12 cupcake cases, fill each paper case ⅔'s full. I use an ice cream scoop to help make each portion even.
- Bake the cupcakes in the middle of your preheated oven for 20 minutes. To test if the cupcakes are cooked, simply stick a wooden cocktail stick into the center of your cupcake. If it comes out clean, its done; if there's a little batter stuck to it, pop the cupcakes back into your oven and bake for a couple more minutes.
- Once baked leave the cupcakes to cool for five minutes in their tin before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
How to decorate Snowman cupcakes
- To make the snowman face cupcake toppers, you need to roll out the white fondant icing, using a cookie cutter the same size as your cupcake tops. cut out the required number of white fondant circles and place them on top of each snowman cake.170 g White fondant icing
- Make the green hat by cutting a semi-circle and a thin strip out of the green fondant icing. Lay your green snowman hat on top of the white fondant circle so it looks like a hat. Don't forget to add a little bobble on top of each snowman's hat.100 g Green fondant icing
- Next make the snowman eyes by rolling tiny bits of black fondant between your fingertips and place them carefully on to the snowman face. You can add a tiny drop of water to the back of each fondant eye to help keep everything in place on the snowman's face.25 g Black fondant Icing
- Cut out little round pink cheeks and form a little carrot shape with the pink and orange fondant; place them carefully into position on your snowman cupcakes.25 g Pink fondant icing, 25 g Orange fondant icing
- Lastly, using a knife, make an indent for the snowman’s smile. That’s it, your festive Christmas snowman cupcakes are complete.
We have lots of Christmas cupcake ideas if your looking for more inspiration. Here are a few of Love Food Feed’s most popular cupcakes, we have super cute polar bear cupcakes, candy cane cupcakes and these cheeky reindeer cupcakes, that we know you’ll just love. Have a Merry Christmas and wishing you the best for the New year too.
Follow Love Food Feed on social media and see all our new recipes as they come out each week. You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and YouTube.
Snowman Cupcake Recipe Design Ideas
BBC Food Snowman cupcakes
Preparation time: upto 1 hour
Rated: 5 Stars
Betty Crocker Snowman Cupcakes
Total time: 2 hours
Rated: 4.5 Stars
4 thoughts on “Snowman Cupcakes”
The Snowman movie is loved in our house will be trying these snowman cupcakes with the kids this week. Thanks
Good luck with the holiday baking and Happy holidays!
Do you have a melting snowman cupcake recipe idea as well?
Yes Siri check out our list of Christmas cupcake ideas. It’s packed with holiday cupcake ideas https://lovefoodfeed.com/holidays-celebration/christmas-cupcakes .