How to make chocolate dipping sauce
This Chocolate dipping sauce recipe is ridiculously easy to make and requires only two ingredients. All you have to do is simply add chocolate and double cream to a small saucepan. Then heat over a medium heat stirring until the chocolate has melted and you’re left with a smooth chocolate dipping sauce. You can microwave chocolate dipping sauce if you wish, just heat it up in 20-second intervals, and give it a good stir before placing it back in the microwave. Keep doing this until everything has melted together nicely and you have yourself a smooth dipping sauce consistency.
What can I serve with Dipping Sauce?
This dipping sauce goes great with so many different desserts. It can be served up with a fruit platter as a chocolate dipping sauce as fruit and chocolate go great together. You can get in your five a day while having a sneaky treat. Simply cut up chunks of your favorite fruit and make yourself a few fruit skewers for easy dipping.
I quite often make this chocolate dipping sauce to go with my churros recipe. To be honest, there’s nothing better than dipping warm sugary churros, or even donuts for that matter in a lovely warm chocolate dipping sauce.
Dipping Sauce Tips
This sauce thickens as it cools, so if you know that you won’t use it as a warm dipping sauce simply add about 30 – 40ml of milk so it stays more like a sauce rather than a spread. I had my dipping sauce out for a few hours and it was still lovely to use as a dip. I hate when it’s too runny and you end up getting everywhere. I’m such a messy eater, I’m probably worse than my kids.
Churro's with Chocolate Dipping Sauce
For the churros
- The first thing to make is our cinnamon sugar, for this, you’ll need a baking sheet and simply add 100g of granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and mix the two ingredients together and set to one side100 g Granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- Grab a saucepan and add in the water, unsalted butter, and salt, and bring to a boil over a medium heat.85 g Unsalted butter, ¼ teaspoon Salt, 250 milliliters Water
- Once the wet ingredients are boiling turn to a low heat and add in your plain flour and caster sugar and stir using a spatula until all the mixture turns into a smooth dough140 g Plain flour, 1 tablespoon Caster sugar
- Transfer the hot churro dough into a large mixing bowl and leave it to cool for 5-10 minutes
- While the dough is cooling pour the sunflower oil into your fryer or deep skillet and heat it to 180 degrees Celsius or 360 degrees Fahrenheit1 Sunflower oil for deep frying
- Once the dough has cooled add in vanilla extract and 1 egg in the mixing bowl and mix really well, keep mixing until the dough comes together and is smooth again.1 teaspoon Vanilla extract, 1 Large Egg
- Transfer the churro dough into a piping bag or pipping gun with a star tip attachment with the size churro you would like.
- Carefully pipe the churro dough into your pre-heated oil and cut at whatever length churro you want with a sharp knife or clean scissors being careful not to splash.
- Leave your churros to fry until they are golden brown, they should only take about a minute or so.
- Using tongs transfer them to a kitchen roll to let them drip dry for one minute.
- Now transfer the warm churros to the cinnamon sugar and roll them until they are covered in a coat of sugar and set to one side
- Repeat this frying, drying, and rolling process with the left-over dough mixture.
- In a saucepan add in 100g of dark chocolate and 100ml of double cream.100 g Dark chocolate, 100 milliliters Double cream
- Heat up over a medium heat keep stirring slowly until the chocolate mixture is all melted and become smooth,
- Transfer the dipping sauce to a small serving bowl.
- There you have it warm sweet crisp churros served with a delicious chocolate dipping sauce.
If you’re wondering what to dip in your chocolate sauce, why not check out my churro recipes which are perfect for dipping. Or even my cinnamon sugar donut recipe. Dipping donuts while they’re still warm, is the best taste ever.
Or follow Love Food Feed on our social media so you never miss out on our new recipes as they come out each week.