Strawberry Pastry Envelopes
These strawberry pastry love notes are jam tarts with a twist. Little Valentines themed puff pastries that look super cute & taste delicious.
How cute do these Valentine’s Day strawberry filled puff pastry envelopes look? The first time I made these jam-filled envelopes, it was for an Alice in Wonderland-themed tea party that I did for my kiddies. The kids loved them so much that this year I decided to make my strawberry puff pastry recipe for Valentine’s Day.
I absolutely love, love love Valentines Day! My husband always treats me like a Queen. I get flowers and chocolates. He even makes me breakfast in bed. I always cook us a special Valentines dinner and a soiree of sweet treats.
These filled puff pastry envelopes are perfect for Valentines Day, as they look like tiny love notes. They would also make a cute treat for an anniversary or engagement party.
You are going to love these. This puff pastry recipe uses the same ingredients as my jam tart recipe and tastes pretty much the same (absolutely delicious). Not only that they are so easy and fun to make too, excellent for a love-themed treat.
How to make these strawberry filled envelopes
To make these gorgeous filled envelopes, all you have to do is cut a diamond shape out of pie crust. Add a little strawberry jam, then fold over three of the edges to make an envelope shape. Lastly, add I little pastry heart to seal the envelope, sprinkle with sugar and bake. Its that easy.
Puff Pastry Cooking Equipment
I used ready made puff pastry for this Strawberry love note recipe, as you don’t want to get bogged down on a day like Valentines baking absolutely everything from scratch. But you can make your own if you can’t find any locally. To roll out the puff pastry you will still need a rolling pin. Especially if your first attempts at cutting out the love hearts in your pastry go wrong. This rolling pin from Amazon lets you adjust the thickness of the pastry so you can get consistent results to make your desserts look even better. You will also need some heart-shaped cookie cutters, to achieve that love theme. The other essential piece of pastry equipment is off course, a pastry brush to get that golden finish on your puff pastry jam tarts.
Strawberry Filled Pastry Envelopes
- 640 g Readymade Pie crust pastry or you can use my Pie Crust Recipe
- 8 tsp Strawberry jam
- 1 tbsp Milk for brushing the pastry
- 1 tbsp Caster sugar optional
- First, preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Then grab yourself a couple of baking sheets, line them with parchment paper, and set to one side.
- Roll out your dough and cut a few diamond shapes and a few mini hearts.640 g Readymade Pie crust pastry
- In the center of each diamond add a teaspoon of jam.8 tsp Strawberry jam
- Fold three sides of the diamond shape into the center, so that all the corners are overlapping slightly, then seal with a mini heart by pressing down lightly.
- Brush each envelope with a little milk using a pastry brush.1 tbsp Milk
- Add a sprinkle of sugar.1 tbsp Caster sugar
- Pop them into the oven for 15 minutes or until golden in color.
- When baked, leave to cool slightly before serving, as the jam is very hot and sticky when it first comes out of the oven.
When I made these, I didn’t sprinkle them with sugar as I was making these for my kids and the strawberry jam already has sugar in it. I didn’t want to overdo their sugar intake as we were in full lockdown at the time and we had already done our exercise for the day lol. Usually, I would give them a little sprinkle of sugar.
If you love this recipe, check out my mini cherry pie love hearts. This is another super cute recipe that I know you will love.
Or you can follow Love Food Feed on our social media so you never miss out on our new recipes as they come out each week.
2 thoughts on “Strawberry Pastry Envelopes”
Jam Pastrys can’t go wrong 😉, Thanks
My thoughts exactly ken