Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
Shiny chocolate buttercream frosting that's lusciously thick, creamy, and tastes amazing. Create decadent desserts with this easy chocolate frosting recipe.
The best chocolate buttercream frosting recipe that takes your cupcakes and cakes to the next level. This recipe is a cross between a traditional buttercream frosting and a rich chocolate ganache. You'll notice straight away that this chocolate frosting has a dark, gleaming, shiny finish that ignites your taste buds.
Does chocolate fudge frosting need to be refrigerated?
This recipe contains fresh cream so it's best to keep the frosting in the refrigerator; you can take it out about one hour before serving to bring it down to room temperature. Its best practice to store any type of cake frosting that contains fresh cream or uncooked eggs, in the fridge and to take it out just before you are ready to serve.
What is the difference between frosting and icing?
Knowing what toppings to decorate your cakes with can be daunting at times, should you use icing or frosting, and which one is which? The frosting is thicker, creamier, and fluffier than icing. Frosting is normally made by whisking butter, cream, and sugar together to create a thick but soft fluffy mixture. It's used to decorate celebration cakes or pipe over cupcakes; it's stiff enough to hold its shape but soft enough to create amazing designs using piping tools or palette knives. The icing, on the other hand, is much thinner than frosting and normally has a thin runny consistency that hardens as it cools and sets. Icing is normally poured or drizzled over your cakes; it adds a smooth glossy shine to your baked goods, making them look mouthwatering. Icing is great for decorating donuts, cinnamon rolls, lemon drizzle cakes, and yes, even cupcakes.
How many calories in chocolate frosting?
This chocolate fudge buttercream frosting is around 250 calories per portion (the amount needed to top a cupcake). This recipe is quite high in calories as it contains butter, cream, and sugar, which are all high-calorie ingredients. If you're longing to try this delicious chocolate frosting recipe, but are watching your daily calorie intake, try spreading a thin layer of frosting on your cupcakes with a palette knife rather than piping it on using a piping bag. Depending on how thin you spread it over your cake, you could save ¾ of the calories per serving just by using less mixture.
Chocolate Fudge Buttercream Frosting Recipe
This Chocolate fudge frosting recipe is thick, creamy, and very indulgent. Anyone that's tried my chocolate cupcakes topped with this delicious frosting has either asked for the recipe or wanted to take a few home with them to enjoy later. Lol. I thought it was about time I shared this creamy and decadent chocolate frosting recipe with you. I hope you have as much fun making this recipe as I do, enjoy.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- First, sift your icing sugar and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl.120 Grams Icing sugar, 40 Grams Cocoa powder
- Add in your room temperature butter and whisk together until light and fluffy.156 Grams Unsalted butter
- Next, add in your vanilla extract and a pinch of salt and mix.1 ½ Teaspoons Vanilla extract, ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- Melt your dark chocolate and set it to one side.125 Grams Dark chocolate
- Place your cream over low heat and warm gently (you can also use a microwave to warm the cream)170 Milliliters Cream
- Whisk the warm cream into your chocolate buttercream mixture until well combined.
- Now add in your melted chocolate and whisk again until you have a thick but liquid-like texture.
- Cover your mixer and refrigerate for about 45 minutes to thicken up.
- Once completely cooled it will have a smooth thick buttercream texture. At this point, you can add your chocolate buttercream frosting to a piping bag and ice cupcakes, frost a celebration cake, or use it as a thick dipping sauce.
This chocolate fudge frosting can be used to decorate cupcakes, celebration cakes, and even used as a dipping sauce for your sweet and sugary churros.
For more delisious dessert recipes and treats follow Love Food Feed on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and lots more. You’ll find all our new recipes as they come out.